I can officially say I have seen Toy Story 3! And loved it! (Number 15- Check)

But that is not the most amazing thing I did in the last 3 days. The following is a very brief (and very random) account of the most amazing youth conference I have ever been to. These girls here are amazing. From left to right we have Raeli, Camille, Mackenzie, and me! They are pretty much crazy amazing girls! And I love them to death!

To make a long story short, they divided all of us into groups or "families". I was able to be a "big sister" for my family and it was an absolute blast! In my family we had Parker, Ezra, Christian, Kylie, Rachel, Emily, and me! 7 kids and counting!
Below are a few of the awesome new friends I made! (Number 80- Check)

The picture above is Parker. He was a super funny kid who decided to eat his cake with his knife. Its a long story, so don't ask, but he succeeded in the end.
Below are 2 of my "little sisters". Rachel is on the left and Kylie is on the right. They are seriously two of the sweetest girls in the world.

Okay, the next picture is a group called "Octappella" who performed for us on Thursday night. They sing only using their voices without any accompaniment. These guys were seriously a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

I also got some pretty sweet pictures. As we were walking back to our car after the concert, the sun was just setting and the temple was all lit up. Absolutely beautiful.

These next pictures illustrate the highlight of our youth conference. We were able to host a special olympics. We worked with the Special Olympics Utah Department and got everything worked out so it was official. This was seriously one of the greatest experiences of my life. On Friday, we were able to get water for the athletes and keep them hydrated, work in the information booth, and of course, cheer these special athletes on. Below is a picture of most of the athletes. I know it is a bad picture, but they are all the ones in the white shirts. Oh, and the man in the blue jogging suit was also an athlete.

These athletes are the most caring and sweetest people you will ever meet. We mostly cheered for a 10 year old down syndrome girl whose name was Lilly. She was so adorable and kept walking around high-fiving people and giving people hugs. I seriously loved Lilly and all the athletes who participated so much. They are such sweet, kind, and positive people.

Above: 2 athletes competing against one another.
Below: athletes receiving their medals.

After the events had come to a close, we had the amazing opportunity to have a dance on the field with the special needs athletes. They get so excited and just love to dance, and we all had such an amazing time.

After everything was over, we went back to our "houses" (or the houses of our youth conference parents) and got ready for another dance, just with our youth. (Number 70- Double Check). The dance on Friday night was by far the best church dance I have ever been to. I danced every slow song (twice with the same boy) and met a bunch of new people.
Well, I'm very sorry this post is rather random and doesn't make much sense. Lets just say that a sleepover with 7 girls is not the best place to get a lot of sleep, and I haven't taken a nap yet to recover. Remember that amazing girl, Raeli, in the picture up there? We stayed up talking until 3am this morning, and had to be up and ready by 8am. I'm just slightly tired. But I miss those nights. A lot. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment