It all started with an appointment.
I got dressed up, drove to the church, and walked into the bishops office.
"What brings you here to see me tonight?"
"Bishop, I want to serve a mission"
We had an exciting conversation, and I left his office filled with emotion.
I knew my life was about to change drastically.
I was embarking on a whole new adventure.
The doctors appointments were done. The papers were all filled out. The interviews had all been conducted.
My papers were finally submitted, and the waiting began.
After three weeks of hearing all the guesses from Japan to Italy, my call was finally here. Surrounded by family, I held that big white envelope in my hands. As I began to tear at the seal, a surge of excitement ran through my body.
This was it.
Then I read the words, and it all began to really sink in.
"You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
You are assigned to labor in the Florida Orlando Mission."
I was given two months to prepare.
Two months before I would walk though the doors of the MTC.
Two months until I officially became a missionary.
The last few months have been filled with spending time with friends and family, moving back to Salt Lake, and lots of missionary shopping. It has been a time of excitement, nervousness, joy, fear, sheer bliss, and every other emotion you can possibly imagine.
These last few weeks of saying my final goodbyes have been harder than I have ever imagined.
It would be impossible to count the tears shed as I left my Logan home for the very last time.
And in a matter of hours, I will give my final hugs to my family, pull my suitcases out of the car, and be off to start this amazing new adventure.
But this is not a sad event, my friends.
It is merely a 'see you later'.
I will spend the next 18 months serving and loving the people of Florida.
I am completely stoked about my calling.
I have this opportunity to serve others and serve God.
How great is this calling?!
I am absolutely thrilled!
I love you, my friends.
I will see you soon.
And until then, God be with you.

No comments:
Post a Comment